Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have model 15HO7c TV. how ro correct aspect ratio? TWO EARS

Customer Question

Have model 15HO7c TV. how ro correct aspect ratio ?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TWO EARS OLD. iNSIGNIA MODEL 15HO7C
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: SEE NO WAY TO CONTROL ASPECT RATIO.PHOTO OF PEOPLE TOO NARROW
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings muct be accessed on the cable box.
First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 keyFind any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?