Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

When I use the menu, a number comes up instead of a letter.

Customer Question

When I use the menu, a number comes up instead of a letter. How can I change that?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: KX-RG6841
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: last night. I tried looking it up in the operating instructions and can't find it
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your device/system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Make & Model Number of the device/system you are working with?

2) What feature or function are you trying to get to - using the MENU?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Panasonic Model No. KX-TG6841
I'm not sure what function I should be using to correct this. I want alphabet letters and numbers keep appearing when I try to type a name in phonebook.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want to pay an addition $26
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When do you think you will be able to help?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

You may be seeing an "additional request" for the $26 phone call.

As mentioned earlier, these "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (not by me), and can be declined or closed.

As for the TEXT vs. numbers, are you trying to ADD an entry into the phonebook OR EDIT a per-existing entry?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want a phone call; I want a text response. It was supposed to be today.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am trying to add an entry, search for an entry and edit
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to be able to type the entry alphabetically
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

I understand that you do NOT want a phone call - so please close any pop-up that may be requesting such a call.

Back to the issue at hand:

When adding or editing phonebook entries, there is a SPECIFIC ORDER of doing that.

FIRST, the NAME field must be entered - which allows LETTERS to appear (up to 16 characters).

SECOND, the NUMBER field is entered or edited, and ONLY NUMBERS will appear during that time (up to 24 digits).

So may I ask if you are in the NAME field, or the NUMBER field - when pushing the number keys?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Neither. I think I've got it now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

To help with this issue, let me send an ENLARGED character table, and a few instructions about entering the characters (or erasing).

Use the table to TRY to enter a NEW NAME and NUMBER - as a test to see if it works for you.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you need more specific instructions.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

I have also include the ENLARGED instructions for adding entries into the phonebook. Let me know if you need any help interpreting the instructions (it CAN be a challenge).

Thanks, ***** *****