Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a 65" Panasonic 4K TV 6 months ago from Frys

I bought a 65"...

I bought a 65" Panasonic 4K TV 6 months ago from Frys Electronics. It started powering off by itself a couple of days ago and now won't power up at all. I suspect a power supply issue. Fry's is telling me their 90 day warranty has expired but the 1 year manufacturer warranty should still be good and I should deal directly with Panasonic. Can you tell me how to best go about this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Panasonic TC-65CX4000. It was a floor model I purchased in Nov 2016.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started turning off by itself after about 20 minutes. Originally it would power back on but this only happened a few times before is died completely and won't even try to power on. Only troubleshooting I've done was to unplug AC and replug AC then tried again with not luck.

7/21/2017
Steve G., Engineer

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

You can talk to Panasonic warranty at this number:(###) ###-####/p>

They will let you know the steps required to fix your television.

Make sure you have the model number and serial number at the ready.

Please let me know if I can help you further. I'll be here.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for you help. I found an authorized repair center that is sending out a technician.

Great. Good to hear.

Thank you. A QUICK NOTE: If you would, please take a couple of seconds to rate my service using three to five stars. My rating is very important to me, and having helped over 20,000 customers like yourself I like to keep a high rating.

It does not close our discussion. We can continue if needed but it is the only way I am credited with helping you. It does not cost anything to rate my service.

I thank you in advance.

Regards

Steve

Steve G., Engineer