John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Are u there?? Please wait until I send you answer. I was

Customer Question

Are u there??
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Please wait until I send you answer. I was just about to send all the information when it disspeared from my screen....Thanks.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sony 560x Digital 8 Handycam...probably early 2000 version. Had not been used for several years. Battery had to be charged. Does not play pre-recorded tapes.(blue screen with "play" icon at top of display. Seems to record but does not play. (setup has not been completed since putting it back in service.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it. Trying to figure out if it's something simple, or if it needs to be repaired at a shop.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 10 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "...Sony 560x Digital 8 Handycam..."

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than the above?