Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZ Certificate in Engineering Electronics & Computing 25 years exp
15873252

I have a lumix lx5, and I'm trying to transfer from internal

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a lumix lx5, and I'm trying to transfer from internal memory to an SD. What the manual says is go to menu down to copy and click right or left--but my menu doesn't Copy! Can you help?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Dmc-LX5 must be a few to maybe five years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the first time it's been a problem. I inserted a new SD took a few photos today and they are in internal memory but no menu item that says copy
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need the copy function
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 13 days ago.

Hi

You can't copy from the internal memory to the SD card from within the camera, you will have to connect the camera to a PC and download the photos off the internal memory that way, you can then copy back to a SD card or just leave on your computer...

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay there are two ports on the side of the camera for cables to connect with my laptop but how do I initiate the transfer without a copy command just the cables doesn't seem to do anything I haven't done it yet but you certainly need a command of what to do
Expert:  Neil replied 13 days ago.

There should be a mini usb port that connects via a lead to the computer usb port... Set the camera memory to internal then plug into the computer... the camera will show up as an external drive which you can then navigate onto and find the photos and copy and paste them onto your computer...