John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My model# 4088 lost power will not turn on, LD 4088 yes it

Customer Question

my model# ***** lost power will not turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: LD 4088 yes it has been a problem in the past
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it was happening for a month before it just stop i haven't tried any trouble shooting
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on preferably with the button on the tv, not remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'VE TRIED THAT NOTHING HAPPEN
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

That's not good. I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part.

Otherwise I'm very sorry to say that having it done by a local repair shop will cost more than a new 40" tv. Keep in mind, they won't tell you this, they will want to charge you $99 to come out and then hand you an estimate for more than the tv is worth. So coming here first saved you lots of time and money.

I know this is bad news but I really want you to be satisfied, so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you need something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THATS ALL
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Yep, that's all. Would you like to show your appreciation for saving you the time and money of calling a local repair shop?