Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have an old gps 76. It will turn on when I put the

Customer Question
batteries in . Buttons won't...
I have an old gps 76. It will turn on when I put the batteries in . Buttons won't work. Can u recover the waypoints or transfer them to another unit?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Garmin gps 76. Probably 12-15 yrs old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only use once a year in Canada fishing. Got it out today, will locate sats but buttons won't work
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please confirm - does the GPS76 turn on and power up ok?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Pete, Electronic Engineer