Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I'm trying to install Norton Security Suite on my new

Customer Question
I'm trying to install Norton...
I'm trying to install Norton Security Suite on my new computer. It's been running for over two hours with the message "Communicating with the Norton server"
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: HP Notebook Model 17-x043ds
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Over 2 hours. I've done nothing. Communicating with you on my od computer.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Neil, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Neil, Engineer

Hi Give it four hours at the most, especially if you don't have quick internet, it can take some time to update... If no luck then force a shut down and restart the computer... If completely locked and can't shutdown then unplug the power lead, remove the battery and then reconnect and restart..

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time and costs you nothing to do..

Neil, Engineer