Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a Benq MS 502 projector. I use it once or twice a

I have a Benq MS 502 projector. I use it once or twice a week for maybe an hour at a time. I have had this projector for 2 or 3 years. It does not have that many hours of use on it. The last few times I have noticed that occasionally there is a pinkish tint to the color of the picture on the screen. Is the bulb going out on this or is it another issue. I saw a you tube video of someone replacing the bulb and this looks like a real ordeal that I would like to avoid if possible. I hope you have a better answer.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Benq MS 502. It is probably about three years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have notice the redish tint the last few times I have used it. I don't know enough to troubleshoot.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what it is connecting to? ie: a computer? TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was connected to my apple phone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was connected to my apple phone

ok, on the iPhone hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let it restart and tell me how the image then appears please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have the projector on right now. This has been a problem in the recent past and I am going to be putting on a workshop and don't want to have a reddish tint to our presentation. I wanted to know if there was some other thing that could cause the reddish tint as opposed to buying a new lamp assembly.

yes, the signal from the iPhone can cause this so I would do the instuctions I gave and if that fails, then try a new cable

If it still fails, then you will need to replace the lamp as that will be the remaining cause

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks

You;re welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you