John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have set the answer to come on after 6 rings, but it does

Customer Question

i have set the answer to come on after 6 rings, but it does not seem to come on at all
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kx-tgf372c
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just bought the unit yesterday have not tried anything else so far
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: have 5 units with this set, and do I need to connect a phone wire to any of them besides the base unit. I assume they only need the ac adopter connected to each ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When someone calls you, does it just continue to ring endlessly? Or do they get some greeting message at some point?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
using another phone, then when i call, it just keeps ringing
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if i ever saw a con job in the making this is one !
Go look for some other sucker
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I'm just the tech trying to help you here.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. You clicked on that request, hence the additional service. You had not been charged for that at this point, just the chat. You've used this service a few times before it appears, back in 2010, so I assume you are familiar with the site and service.

As mentioned, we can continue here under your chat fee if you prefer. My comments were in response to your request for a phone call.