How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack Your Own Question
Jack, Technician
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 9386
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Jack is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a AT Turntable AT-LP120=USB THAT HAS A "HUM" and one

Customer Question

I have a AT Turntable AT-LP120=USB THAT HAS A "HUM" and one of the RCA jack has fell off. I have try ground it, and that has not worked?
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: A turntable AT-LP120-USB
JA: How long have you had your at-lp120=usb?
Customer: I purchased it last Nov 16
JA: What have you tried so far with your at-lp120=usb?
Customer: Ground it and trying to adjust the gram force, no luck
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I play Quadraphonic Lps on it using a ATSa cart, that with a SHIBATA Stylus.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hello , I`m Jack and perhaps I can help you with this but first I must say that this jack that fell off will definitely cause a hum if that cord is still plugged in at the amp

Pull it out until you can get the table's jack repaired

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

There are some USB audio to analog audio converter that perhaps could be used here

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Click the link below , is that what you got with your turntable ?

Is it what is defective ?

If so then this can easily be found

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You could also use a setup like this ;

To be used with a gender changer like this ;

And a cable like this ;

Or that cable alone connected in your tv tables analog out to replace the one you have if defective

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Meant T.Table above not tv tables

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

As you don`t seem to be available just now i will step out no for a bit and check on you upon return but if that answers your questions then please do take the time to rate

Related Consumer Electronics Questions