Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have remote access to my work computer. At work I have a

I have remote access to my work computer. At work I have a company harddrive and 3 screens. I use all of them. I would like to be able to remotely use my laptop and my extra monitor at the same time. When I'm remotely connected and have it open on my laptop, I try to move a window over to my monitor and it takes the window from my laptop to the monitor, in other words I can't have one window open on my laptop and a different one on my monitor. How can this be fixed?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: its not a tv
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ever since I've tried to use both screens
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean via remote you want to see multiple screens at once on the one computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they are my personal laptop and personal monitor at home.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm glad I didn't connect, I DON'T WANT TO PAY AN EXTRA $25 TO TALK TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE!!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm trying to use my personal laptop and monitor at home.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't call me!!!!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm already not happy with your service!

yes.... ok, Ill cancel the call then..

Not sure why you replied in this way

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because I have never done this before and I'm very nervous about spending $50 on something that may not fix my problem.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
$25 for your help and $25 for a phone call, thats expensive.

ok, well you cannot display multiple monitors at once via the remote as you cannot use two mouses on the computer, so it is linked to only one mouse, you can only switch between the screens on the remote session

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Anyway, can you help me?

I replied to you with the answer... I will repeat it again

you cannot display multiple monitors at once via the remote as you cannot use two mouses on the computer, so it is linked to only one mouse, you can only switch between the screens on the remote session

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I'm not being clear. I want to use the screen on my laptop, where the remote connection comes in and then also use my spare monitor for a different window of that remotely sent session.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't call me!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't call me!!!!!

yes I understand the requirement, and yes I saw your message not to call you..

I have replied on both, I cancelled the request for the call, and you cannot display multiple monitors at once via the remote as you cannot use two mouses on the computer, so it is linked to only one mouse, you can only switch between the screens on the remote session

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
your saying I can only switch between the 2 screens, using one or the other not both at the same time. Other people I work with use their company laptop at home and are able to use their personal spare monitor with just one mouse.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't call me!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How are my fellow employees able to use company laptop and personal monitor with one mouse?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't call me, please!!!

You cannot view both screens of the remote desktop at once.

What you are talking about is having a second connection for the monitor on your laptop, that is not related to remote

Please... stop with the Dont Call Me, I told you many times I am not going to call, so you do not need to repeat this....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry about repeating about not calling but everytime you send a response it tells me you will call me in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, so your saying when I want to use an additional monitor for opening another window that it is not related to remote?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you done?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are we done?

Correct, it has nothing to do with remote, you connect the additional monitor to the Laptop via the VGA or HDMI port and you can use it as a second monitor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the additional monitor is connected, but that is what i'm asking you! how to use it to place google earth on it and then work on my email on my laptop.With Google earth being remotely brought in from work.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Having 2 different window open at the same time.

which verison of windows are you using

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
7 home premium

Right click blank space on Desktop, choose Screen Resoltuion, then choose to Extend desktop

Then you can drag a window to the second monitor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have it set on "extend these displays" but when I drag this screen to my monitor everything goes with it. I just want this internet on the monitor, nothing else.

Then you drag just that window to it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I keep dragging it over and all the windows go together. I can't keep one on one screen and one on the other.

Then you need to open it in just one window and drag just that one window to the second monitor.

Do not know what program you are using, but just right click on the icon at the bottom and choose to open a new instance of it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry Richard your customer support just called and told me they charged me for the phone call and then they credited my MC for charging me.

Yes I cancelled the call, so it will be posted for a refund

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok back to my problem.Everytime I go to drag my email to the monitor it just goes over to nothing. It won't go to the other screen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its set on Extend these displays

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't know what program By doing what you suggested, I'm toggling between the 2. I'm not sending one window to another screen.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i'm guessing it can't be done. I've been asking people for a year now and nobody can fix it.

You need to run the program in its own window, then you can drag it to its own monitor...

If you tell me the name of the program I can tell you how,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As you can tell I'm not an expert with computers, I appreciate your patience! Where would I find the name of the program?

You need to ask then the people who made the program or the company you work for that has you run it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm confused! whwn u say program do you mean the people that set up my connection for remote access?

The program you want to run in the second screen

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have asked for their help with this very situation and because my spare monitor is my personal monitor they can't help me.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its not a program I want to run, its a a second window

A window in WHICH program?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
email on one screen, internet on the other (or google earth or viso or excel)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I don't know what you mean by program and I guess you can't help me.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need an expert sitting in front of my computer to find the PROGRAM your talking about.

Which internet browser? Internet Explorer? Google Chrome? firefox?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Internet explorer

Presss the windows key which is next to ALT and with it heldd press R so the run box shows

type in

iexplore.exe

press enter

Internet Explorer opens in a new window, you can then move that to the other screen and use it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank-you but then I need to sign into my company's access remote again and they tell me I'm already signed in.

Then use the other windows for it, and leave this one for other things

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to access these windows, while in, my remote access, all of them
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because my company has a specific goggle earth and I want to use all the windows while being remotely connected.

yes, then move the windows to the other monitor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I keep trying and back to the very beginning, when I try to drag it to the other monitor it won't go!

restart the computer and try again

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What will that do? I have tried this a 1000 times and it won't drag over
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still think it has something to do with Display settings, even though I chose "extend these displays"
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm pretty sure it also, has something to do with being remotely connected.

No it does not... but I have kindly asked you to do the restart of the computer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok I will restart it, It will take a few minutes to get back to you but I will.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I'm back.
Presss the windows key which is next to ALT and with it heldd press R so the run box showstype iniexplore.exepress enterInternet Explorer opens in a new window, you can then move that to the other screen and use it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was able to do it before but now all I get is page set up in the right hand corner
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't even get the box
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i'm an idiot, I got it open
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but just like before I need to sign into my remote access to get to my computer at work
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nothing has changed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It tells me I need to close the SSL Network Extender, before I can open it again in another session

Yes, as you already have it open

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what now

So drag the one already open, to the other monitor.

Like you did before when it brought "everythin" over

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It won't go

Click the icon of the square to the left of the X in the top right then move it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which one, my remote access one?

which every program you want to put into the other monitor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
none of these things are dragging one window to another screen
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard I appreciate your help but I need to go to my office so I can use more than one screen.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will keep trying with someone at work. Thank-you for your patience!