John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My tv will not come on, though I have unplugged it, etc, and

Customer Question

My tv will not come on , though I have unplugged it, etc, and checked all connections. My main big box is in the other room. This has that small box. The tv in the living room is fine.
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: No. It is plugged into an extension cord that is plugged directly in the wall. I can change all that.
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: It just said 10 seconds so that is all I have done so far. The one connection that is a little loose is the electrical connection to the box. I have pushed in in carefully. Shall I unplug it for 2 minutes and get back to you?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, I don't think so. Will you be the one connecting it? I am not sure what to do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you please tell me the model number (found on the sticker on the back of the tv)?