Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I am an older person with limited knowledge about any

Customer Question
Hi john, I am...
Hi john, I am an older person with limited knowledge about any electronics. I have a panasonic cordless kxtg 6531. the name co mes up on the screen when I am calling some one as Paula mitchell. I have
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I just texted that Info. I have changed my name. how do I do it on the phone
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: changed name to Paula browne. how do I do this on my phone. #614(###) ###-#### thanks
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks k you.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Paula,

that information which shows on other peoples phones when you call them is not a function of your panasonic system.

This same information would show whether you had a panasonic phone or any other phone, motorola, att, etc.

The information they see is called Caller ID, and that is a function of your telephone company, it has nothing to do with your actual phone equipment in your house.

This is related to the name on your phone service account. To change it, you would need to call the phone company who provides your landline home phone service and ask them to update the billing and account name information. Once they have done that, then the outgoing caller id information will change, and the people you call will see the updated name.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Thank you Nathan. You where very helpful. I will keep your name for future. Thanks. Paula

You're very welcome, Paula!

I do not know what top of the credit is but Nathan gets rhe roo for me

Thank you very much, Paula.

Nathan, Engineer