John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a new Sony pocket Digital DAB/FM radio which is very

Customer Question

I have a new Sony pocket Digital DAB/FM radio which is very good.Ihave tried my high quality Sony earbuds which work on all my other devices but can't get any sound at all when they are pushed in - there is no mute button
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sony XDR_P1DBP,it is brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since new it is not covered in the instruction sheet.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have brand new Sony Digital pocket radio,XDR-P1DBP which is v good,except that I can't get any sound at all though my high quality Sony earbuds which work on other devices.There is no visible mute control??
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

On the plug for the headphones you have a number of rings on it, usually 1, 2 or 3

Can you tell me how many rings are on the plug for the headphones please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is stereo with two rings.I tried with some light Sennheiser over-the-ear phones and did get something - better with the
lead extended but not nearly as good as with other devices and not nearly as good as I got with the Sangean pocket
digital (won't take full charge and won't hold part charge) that the Sony replaces.Part of problem is I am 90 with bad hearing (H-aids). I get usable result from the Sony holding speaker to my ear without H-aids and very clear sound with aids. I want the buds to work to mute the radio for other people - public transport etc.
Because of poor hearing on phone I prefer to do this onlineColin
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

what is the model of the ear buds with the issue?