Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

H98 appears on the screen when I press the button. Probably

Customer Question

H98 appears on the screen when I press the cook button.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Probably 6 or 8 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday. I looked in the manual and saw to contact a tech support person.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your microwave is a Panasonic microwave, that fault code means that either the magnetron or the voltage inverter is defective, shorted, or otherwise in unusable condition.

You should not attempt to fix this sort of defect yourself - the voltages inside the section that is at fault are quite dangerous. Also, depending on the defect actually occurring, that section could be even more dangerous in an abnormal way.

I would advise you to have the microwave serviced by a Panasonic microwave repairer, or replaced.

If you would prefer to go with repair-servicing it, let me know your local zip code, or town/city and state, and I will give you a list of servicing locations to call.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.