John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My Panasonic cordless phone model KX-TGA652 suddenly after 5

Customer Question

My Panasonic cordless phone model KX-TGA652 suddenly after 5 years of working perfectly it started to have a gargled sound that breaks up a lot. After replacing batteries it persisted. So I bought a new model KX-TGEA-20 and it has same problem.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: The old one was 5 years old but the brand new one has same sound break up. What could cause it?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just got the new one and problem was there from the start. The older model has been acting up for a couple months.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)