Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My La crosse weather station has stopped showing the out

Customer Question
door temp and the wind...
My La crosse weather station has stopped showing the out door temp and the wind speed. I replaced the two type " c" batteries in the out door sending device. I still have no readings. Tony ***@******.***
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is about five years old. La Cross 8N10
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Two days. We had some very high winds when it stopped working. I replaced the two type "C" batteries in the out side unit that shows the outside temperature. Inside temp works along with the pressure history.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be all....thank you
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the system you are working with? LaCrosse systems like this USUALLY start with WS- (for "Weather Station")

2) Did you leave the outdoor sending unit OUTSIDE - when the batteries were replaced?

3) WHEN were the batteries last replaced in the outdoor sensor - BEFORE this event?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.