John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

On my welcome screen theres a password and I forgot it, M90

Customer Question

on my welcome screen theres a password ***** I forgot it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: M90 Dell Precision
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the last two weeks
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its the welcome screen before you even get into the damn laptop I will never put one on there again Im 60 years old and my mind takes off without me at times. Please help
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
7 home
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
why do you keep jacking up the price
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Because I'm old?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how comfortable you feel doing them.

1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option,

Turn on the computer.

As the computer starts, press < F8 > on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

Press the < Down Arrow > on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press < Enter >.

Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.

3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself

Save this file to your computer

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd140201.zip

After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.

The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."

After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.

Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.

This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.

You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dont want to loose anything I have here.I have kids'grandkids'pics to many to loose
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, then you will need to use the second or third option I provided you, as explained that's the option where you will not loose your data.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would really like that please do so. remotely fix it ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you have my permission
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you going to do it??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you still there
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there

You need to accept the request and I can then connect

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how do i update my payment
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

You can call customer service on(###) ###-####to organize this

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok hang on
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

thanks