Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Cannot connect Alexa, New G090LF0971460FAV, SINCE i BROUGHT

Customer Question

cannot connect Alexa
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: New G090LF0971460FAV
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: SINCE i BROUGHT IT YESTERDAY
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME NOW
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Have you got the Alexa app yet? You will need to download it to your phone or tablet first.

To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device and search for "Alexa app." Then select and download the app.

Then plug in your Amazon Echo and turn it on. The light ring on Amazon Echo turns blue and then orange. When the light turns orange, Amazon Echo greets you.

Follow the guided instructions in the app to connect Amazon Echo to a Wi-Fi network.

If your Amazon Echo doesn't connect to your Wi-Fi network, unplug and then plug the device into a power outlet to restart it. If you still have trouble, reset your Amazon Echo to its factory settings and set it up again.

Once connected to Wi-Fi, you can now use your Amazon Echo device. To get started, say the "wake word" and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Amazon Echo device is set to respond to the wake word "Alexa" by default, but you can use the Alexa app to change the wake word at any time. In the app, go to Settings, select your Amazon Echo device and then select Wake word.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------