Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I accidentally put my t.v picture on zoom strange setting.

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** accidentally put my t.v picture on zoom strange setting. Can you help me get it back to normal.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model no Th-55cs610a. Serial no mg5460188
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Problem through my era. 3 days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just annoying to watch it. Peoples heads gut off
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi arid for spending time on my problem. The brand of= Panasonic,maybe 2 to 3 yrs old as a model. I do have a fostel cable but still think I stuffed it up playing with the Panasonic remote. Tried rebooting the black box, but it didn't work.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Use the Panasonic remote and go into MENU--->Picture---->screen settings--->OK. Try each of the selections one at a time (Overscan/H.Size/Zoom, etc.) and see if one of them allows the picture to fill your screen. These instructions are also outlined on page 53 of the manual at the link below:

https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/public/manuals/Panasonic-TH-40CS610A-40--101cm-Full-HD-LED-LCD-TV-With-HBBTV-Product-Manual.pdf