Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My nikkon camera has a broken/missing telephoto/photo taking

Customer Question

my nikkon camera has a broken/missing telephoto/photo taking button. I have been told that only nikkon dealers are authorized to repair these cameras......what is up with that
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nikon cool pix P520 with GPS
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had the camera maybe 5 years. Have done NO trouble shooting, as I cannot take a shot at all. The button is gone. Happened in my travels from Australia last winter
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I took it to a camera shop in Longmont Colorado and was told that he had no parts for Nikon and he could not fix it
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

If the camera is still under warranty then only a Nikon dealer should carry out the repair, otherwise it will invalidate your warranty.

If the camera is no longer under warranty, then any camera repair technician or electronics store can carry out the repair.

I would try a different repair store if I were you.

Hope that helps!

Pete.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------