Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I can't download any books. Not sure,it's an early model, I

I can't download any books. Margaret
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure,it's an early model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used it for a while. Charged it up yesterday as battery was flat but now cant load a book
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "...early model..." E-Reader.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where do I find that info?

Normally should be in the box or manual / documents that came with the E-Reader.

If it is a Kindle, then please click on Settings and go to Device Info. Find your specific generation or type based on the first four characters.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
B011??

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried manually updating your B011 Kindle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I do that?

Let's determine first your current Software Version:

1. from Home, tap the Menu icon;
  2. and then tap Settings;
  3. from Settings, tap the Menu icon;
  4. and then tap Device Info.

If you have the latest update, it should look like the image shown HERE.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it does

Please bear with me and confirm; the Firmware Version is Kindle 5.3.7.3(###) ###-####

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • shut down and restart the Kindle Touch;
  • • disconnect and reconnect your wireless connection and then confirm that wireless is working;
  • • if the book or app gets stuck downloading partway, select to delete it from your Kindle app or device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page at Amazon to find the ebook or app that won’t download and select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device. Or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable;
  • • if you don’t see the book or app on the Your Content and Devices list, you can check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. I'll work my way through the list.

Yes please.

And if for some reason still a no-go, then likely a glitch with the account. Please contact Amazon Support. Click / tap HERE.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating at the top of your page

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.