Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Samsung view 18.1 will connect to spro2 projector, i am

Customer Question

samsung view 18.1 will connect to spro2 projector
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: i am using miracast app from google play store on samgsung view 18.1
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: both spro2 projector mf97g and sam view are new ... i just bought them 2 weeks ago originally it was easy to get the samS to see the spro2
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the miracast app all of a sudden just keeps saying no connectable devices found ok
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
meant to say brand new samsung view 18.1 (model Mf97G) will no longer connect to spro2 projector - when i first used the 2 devices in conjunction to mirror each other they connected fine ... i used the miracast app from google play store to connect via wifi to spro2 projector and the app saw the spro2 and connected no problem ... them all of a sudden the miracast app would loop while trying to find the spro2 and would continually say " no connectable devices found" ... i had to resort to using my bluetooth capable behringer speaker that i use to utilize my wireless mics via usb insert as the spro2 also has blue capability .. but the issue here gets too complicated as too many devices are causes issues ... i tried forgetting the wifi connection ... updating the miracast app ... and then reinstalling it ... but no go ... my problem is .. if the miracast app was working before it should still work
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Check if another Miracast device is connected. If so, disconnect it and then try again.

Wait 2 minutes between retries - this delay is due to the WiFi Direct design.

If that doesn't help, try restarting all devices and your wireless router, and try again.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there are no miracast devices connected .. .i have already done numerous restarts on both devices to include power downs to include my home router .. but please remember i went to a different location and got the same successful results as at home when connected to the wifi at that location ...
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Is the tablet fully updated?

Have you tried deleting the Miracast app and reinstalling it again?

Miracast is often clunky and buggy - could you try using Chromecast instead?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
per my previous reply i have updated all devices and the app .... removed and reinstalled ... i installed chromecast but do not know if it will mirror the tablet and spro2 .... dont know how to use it
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Chromecast is easier to use and works more smoothly than Miracast.

If your tablet is connected to the SPro2 then you can chromecast to it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will it allow the mirroring wireless via wifi though?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Yes, Chromecast allows mirroring over a wifi network.

You can read more about it here:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2998456

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok i typed chromecast in google play which one is the app ... there are a lot of apps that says cast
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is one app called apps for chromecast that has a drawer full of choices ... there is megacast etc ...
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ok, then you can cast from any of those apps.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The chromecast feature itself is already built into your tablet's Android operating system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am lost ... :-) you say Ccast is already built into my operating system what app do i use i just installed megacast and it is for a TV ... i dont know what app to choose in chrome cast apps
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

You can cast any compatible app - what app do you want to cast and I can check if it is compatible for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to cast a device using miracast display finder which worked at first but doesn't any longer
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Miracast display finder will not work with Chromecast.
Miracast is notoriously glitchy and difficult to use.
Is there another app that you can use that is compatible with Chromecast?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have tried apps and all have been for tv
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What is it that you are trying to cast to the TV? e.g. netflix

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no al of the apps i have looked up and installed were for tv only ... i am trying to cast for tablet to spro2 projector that in wifi capable
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no all of the apps i have looked up and installed were for tv only ... i am trying to cast from tablet to spro2 projector that is wifi capable
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What are you trying to cast exactly? e.g. documents, web browser?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am just trying to mirror whatever i have on the tablet ... like youtube ... i pastor a church and was using the miracast display finder to do so which was recommended in the instructions for the spro2 projector ... it worked fine at first run ... then no go ... ed a worship video from my you tube red account
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
eg meant at end
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Once you have the tablet set up for casting, you should see the cast button on YouTube and other compatible apps.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
None of this is helping me please give me a retard
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
None of this is helping me please give me a refund
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
$24 total
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however you can contact the Customer Service department at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance.
You should see an option in the upper right corner of that page to contacting them via email, chat, or phone.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok ty