Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What s the value of a Technics5X GX7 (66) Serial 89A3266.

Customer Question
What s the value...

What s the value of a Technics5X GX7 (66) Serial 89A3266. Hardly ever used excellent condition. Must sell

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Technics Model # 5X GX7 (66) Serial # X89A3266

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No Problems at all. Mom had Passed and I need to sell the organ. I think it is about about 8 years old perfect condition

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What "cosmetic" condition is it in, the exterior appearance and case's possible 'newness', please? That can affect saleability and value considerably.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cosmetic condition is brand new

Good. I am getting the information to answer your question together, now that I have that information. Expect me to post your answer within 10 minutes, or sooner I hope.

Meanwhile your request for a phone call is still open... another Expert might take it up, but I hope not... that would confuse matters.

Here's your answer:

Generally speaking, the Technics GX7 is a good instrument, though some say its sonority is a little on the 'thin' side, and that more recent instruments are better for playing, by sound and by variety of 'instruments' or 'voices' available. (Opinions dating to around 2009 or so.)

Even back then, in the UK, people who knew that model thought it was worth only about 100 to 200 pounds British. In US $, that would be (currently, as opposed to adjusted for 8 years of inflation): $ 150 to $ 250 US.

(With trifle of changing currency exchange rates closer approximating 2010 rates: about $ 170 to $ 300.)

Some might buy it for $400 or more, if they were 'Technics fanciers'. But, this Technics organ (since Technics is a defunct co.) has no spare parts worth mentioning and no 'regular' servicing arrangements in case it breaks or wears out a part, so that makes it worth a bit less. A Technics fancier, if you are willing to wait for one, might doubtfully snap it up for $400 or even, I doubt it, $500... if you presented it right, emphasizing its good condition etc. favorably.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.