Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cannot set up an Acer K135 projector properly, I have

Customer Question
I cannot set up...

I cannot set up an Acer K135 projector properly, I have spent hours on the manuals, have tried 3 options to project the data, and the "Source" or menu buttons come up in a language like Arabic, and when i tried to click on English it defaults to arabic.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have just bought an Acer K135 projector

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I got it delivered yesterday late morning and have been trying for hours. I was careful to check the manuals and cables.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I have Mac systems, so I tried at first a powerpoint connection from Macbook air laptop, then when that did not work I tried a USB stick with the data directly into the USB port on back of projector. Then I tried a download of the data from my iPhone, that I can connect with a cable to the projector. i have spoken with Acer online store, and they said to try Dataflex in Canberra, but Dataflex is out of business. I need to set up the settings properly. I cannot do that while the screen keeps reverting to "Arabic"

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Remove the power to the projector and let it sit for 20 minutes, then connect the power again and tell me if you can now change the language to English please