Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a KX-TG7641 phone set and lost one of handsets and…

Customer Question
I have a KX-TG7641...

I have a KX-TG7641 phone set and lost one of handsets and bought a new KX-TGEA40 handset to replace it bit can't get it working. I have fully charged it and tried to register it to the base unit by following the instructions on page6. I pressed the Locator button the base unit but did not get a ringing on the new handset. O NOW HAVE A SIGMAL ON THE NEW HANDST that says "BASE NO POWER". The base on the handset does have power and so does the base unit. What do I do know? Leon Fidrych***@******.*** or(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

The base unit is at least 5 years old and the handset phone I just bought this week

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Trouble since I received the unit just yesterday. I trouble shooted with the procedure I described several times.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

How many handsets did you have with the existing system?

Also are you certain of the model numbers you sent?

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
four handset, one of which is now new. Yes model numbers on devices. Sounds like a scam.I thought a company like Panasonic would stand behind their products and answer customer questions.

Thank you for confirming.

This is not a scam, this is a legitimate support service, but I needed information from you to provide you with an answer.

You clicked on a request for a phone call, which is an additional fee.

This is a paid support site, it is not free help. Panasonic would not support this either. It is not a matter of not standing behind their products, no one provides help for a 5+ year old system.

The issue here is that you have the wrong part.

The handset that you purchased is for a very different model.

These cordless phone systems are all highly proprietary and have no interchangeable parts. The hadnset you purchased is not compatible with your base station and it is not possible to make them work together. The only handset that works with your current base station is the kx-tga410. Because of the age, those are no longer available new, you can still find some used however: http://amzn.to/2njYvjD

Considering the cost and age of the system though, it is probably not worth investing that much in a used phone for a system that is past its service life anyway.

You could get a brand new 5 handset system with updated features and a fresh warranty for around $100: http://amzn.to/2njZKzc

If you opt to get one of the used ones,

what you have to do is, on the new handset, key in Menu#302

then press and hold the locator/finder button on the main base for 5 seconds, then press OK on the new handset, and it will pair. But again that will only work with the proper model that is compatible with your system.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.