Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sony Blu-ray player model BDP-S6200 and was playing…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony Blu-ray player model BDP-S6200 and was playing a DVD from Netflex when it "froze" and would not move. I unpluged and depluged it, still frozen. The DVD is still in the player, and I cannot get it out. Recommendations/?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony blu-ray disc/dvd player model BDP-S6200 #1051575 and over a year in service.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the first problem I had with the player. I "rebooted" the power cord, and tryed "all' the methods to open the drawer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I am out of any additional trouble shooting.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

UN-plug the unit from wall-power but this time leave in un-plugged for at least 2 hours then re-plug back in again, but before you plug in hold down the EJECT button, then plug in all the time holding down the EJECT, hopefully the disc will then come out, if it does not we keep moving with troubleshooting

Let me know how this works out by coming directly back here please (bookmark this page)

Thank You

Let me know

Anthony

Anthony
Anthony
Anthony, Technician