Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a new Sony AV receiver as well as a Sony headset for…

Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a new Sony AV receiver as well as a Sony headset for my partner to be able to hear the TV without blasting me out of the house. On my old Sony receiver, I could connect the headset in the plug and she would have surround-sound in her ears yet the sound also came out into the room at whatever volume I wanted. However, now when I plug the headset into the new receiver, all the sound is gone in the room and only the headset has sound. Is there any way to get the headset and room music at the same time again?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The Sony headset as well as the receiver are about one month old. Theadset model is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Can't think of anything other than trying to find info on Sony's website which was not helpful

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Just a minute, I had an idea...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you please give me the model of the headphones and your receiver?
What devices do you have connected to the sony?

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The headphone model number is:TMR-RF985R and the receiver model number is: STR-DH770
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The receiver is connected to a Samsung TV, Sony blue ray DVD player, and cable.

I see the call request, but can you please send a phone number where I may reach you?

Thank you for the call,

here is the converter we discussed:http://amzn.to/2mWGJRj