Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Can i connect my tv to av receiver with optical cable,

Customer Question
can i connect my tv...
can i connect my tv to av receiver with optical cable
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: th-49dx600u th-49dx605u Ive tried hdmi and optial cable
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried for one hour and have tried just about every hdmi port
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my tv doesnt have earphone port so how do i connect bluetooth headphones
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; a Q & A site and I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "...av receiver..."

And is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a satellite receiver?

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.