Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

We recently moved and when I tried to use my Bose it was not

Customer Question
responding to the remote. We...
We recently moved and when I tried to use my Bose it was not responding to the remote. We got new batteries as the system had been in storage for a year. The unit still does not go on. It does not have a control pane on the unit.What do I do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is about 8 or nine years old. On the bottom it says Bose music system sn: 033975C01956392AC. Is that what you need?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We just moved and connected it. I did not know what to do so I contacted you. In the troubleshooting directions it talks about a control panel on the system, there is no control panel on the system.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I have the system in my kitchen, the only way I can get the CD's to play is to hit the default switch on the outlet, and then one CD will play?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Carol,

Is this a bose wave radio perhaps? If you look on the back/bottom of the bose, it should have a model number starting with awr or awc.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.