Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a stereo, Model SC-AK770. The top disc is stuck in. I

I have a stereo, Model SC-AK770.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The top disc is stuck in. I have tried all the instructions in the manual, to no avail. Please HELP. The unit would be6 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Happened today. Tried as per the instructions in the manual
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The machine has been working perfectly till now

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)
There are a few things you can try:
First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.
If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nathan,
Thank you for that, it appears the gear box has gone.
Throw away I believe.
Nothing further at this time.

You're very welcome.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,