John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Sentry safe that I bought probably 10 years ago and

Customer Question

I have a Sentry safe that I bought probably 10 years ago and never used. Today I was going to put something in it and accidentally turned the knob and now despite having a key, it won't open. There is a number on the key of 716121. Can the safe combination be determined by the key code?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I have no idea if there is a make/model stamped on the inside but I couldn't find any markings on the exterior
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I never used the safe and it was open. I turned the knob after I closed it and I thought I had the combination in a password ***** file. Unfortunately, I was wrong.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found my combination to the Sentry safe that I inquired about at 5:49pm EST. Therefore I don't need anyone to investigate my issue. No one has contacted me at this point and I would like my $5 fee refunded to my MasterCard.Rick Piotrowski***@******.***
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Rick, do you still need help with this?
If so can you tell me the model?
If not, you can cancel from the help page.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I don't need help anymore as I found the combination. I sent a request that my MasterCard be refunded the $5 fee since I was no longer in need of assistance . Can you facilitate the refund to my card?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

No, responding here does not accomplish that, you may do so from the account/help page.