Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

On Nikon D500 - raw ISO button does not work after a frame

Customer Question
has been shot. Must turn...
On Nikon D500 - raw ISO button does not work after a frame has been shot. Must turn cam off & back on to change ISO manually
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: nikon d500 4 months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried auto ISI on & off - makes no difference
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you using auto-ISO?

If not, and you are still unable to change the ISO after shooting a frame, then try updating the firmware on the camera:

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/205.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Manual ISO - and the Firmware is up to date. Actually the problem exists on auto as well - although I am not sure if it's possible to override auto ISO Main problem is in manual ISO No criticism intended - but the question remains unresolved.
Well, I responded that the question remains. Camera FW is up to date. The web site does not let me know it the response was sent.

I got your reply, thanks.
Can you try a factory reset of the camera and let me know if that works?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

The issue remains. I suggest U spend no more time. Nikon support does not have the answer. Appears this may be a defect.

Ok, if I can be of any further assistance, just let me know.

Best,

Pete.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority;

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer