Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Bose AWRCC1 not play a CD, it reads 'disc error'?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).

I would suggest first following the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.

You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Insert the spray tip of the canned air into the disc slot of the Bose and liberally blow out any dust or debris.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced- which is on average a $200 repair,

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry you're Bose has failed, but I don't understand why you would rate me as a bad tech for that issue- which is beyond my control. Please let me know what type of assistance I can provide you here to reverse your rating.