Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My slingbox is misfunctionning. I get agood viodeo and audi

Customer Question
for 3 to 4 seconds...
my slingbox is misfunctionning. I get agood viodeo and audi for 3 to 4 seconds and arrive a signal interruption and it come back afeter 3 to 4 seconds and so on repeatedly.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: slingbox 500,
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. my problem is not in relation with my computer but with my slingbox
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: -my friend went at home and made all the connections check up, the 2 lights in front of the sling are on, when I try to reach teh tv from my location in Flirida, the horshoe blinks , My internet upload is at 5 to 10 kbps. My download at eh other location is 30 kbps
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

If you access the Slingbox from another location, do you get the same issue?

Please let me know

the same issue

Thanks

You will need to do a reset of the Slingbox and set it up again (as this will return it to factory settings)

You need to have someone there to do this in person.

To do this.

Press and hold the Reset button down until the Network light on the front panel flashes twice quickly. Be patient - it can take up to 60 seconds for that quick "double flash."

Then set up the slingbox again like when you first received it, and once done, tell me how it then operates please.

I am now at 2000 miles from my sling box..
friends of mine having the same problem have made the reset and had no positive result.
Have you an other solution ?

If you have done the reset and it still faults, then reset the wifi router via the reset button then try please

Richard, Customer Service