Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I got an email from xfinity that said to click on "it" to

Customer Question

I got an email from xfinity that said to click on "it" to increase my speed. I followed the 3 steps and now I do not have my phone connection, my wifi on my tablet connection or my tv connection. I am hearing impaired and use a caption phone and that is not working either. Help!
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: My caption phone is 3 months old . My landline is routed through that phone
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This just started 20 to 30 min minutes ago when I followed the step which said to disconnect the modem from the wall (unplug the strip from the outlet). I would like to get my wifi going first and see what else connects. I don't know how to get the wifi going again.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems like I lost everything except my computer connection
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.