Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Have been told that the problems I am having with my Kindle

Customer Question

Have been told that the problems I am having with my Kindle indicate that it is worn out. Is this possible? I keep it charged, yet now , most of the time, when I try to even turn the page, it does nothing, or else 3 to 4 minutes later, it might turn, or most of the time, does not .
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Paperwhite, guessing....at least five years, where will I find model number? Got it from Amazon, have over 400 books on it.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: at least a couple of weeks. Have no idea how to do troubleshoot at all. So have attempted nothing, except to hit my panic button.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just would really, really appreciate their help
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.