Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Bought a new Stack-on safe PS 1508, when trying to enter my

Customer Question
first new combination I forgot...
bought a new Stack-on safe PS 1508, when trying to enter my first new combination I forgot to let the door open. now it refused to accept any combination and lock himself for 5' and still after activating the reset bottom it doesn't work. what should i do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: couple days, is new..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher replied 1 year ago
Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher

I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that the expert can answer .

Kind regards,

Rarewares

Electronics Technician: A. Schuyler, Research Analyst replied 1 year ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Have you used the key to open the door?

And have you gone through the steps again one by one as outlined in the instructions? They are quite explicit and must be followed exactly. They are very fussy about this. If done incorrectly, you will need to wait at least 5 minutes before trying to reset the combination.

Here is another copy of the instructions if you don't have them:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/stack-on-production/downloads/135/PS-1514_PS-1515_PS-1520_PS-1508_PS1415-RTX_Instructions.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=08CNY13ZYZNXTVEEJX82&Expires=1483815461&Signature=l1pBbjsgpyxml5%2F2ZJ%2FJxI%2BIX8o%3D

If that is still not working, you will need to call their Customer Service at 1-***-***-**** to see if there is a defect in your safe.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did it, it just doesn't accept new code, is there a factory code that need to be use for the first time use?

Only the factory can supply the factory code. If it were in the public domain, it would be general knowledge and any person could use it. That would make a safe about as "safe" as a bureau drawer.

If it isn't accepting a new code in spite of all your attempts, you will need to call Customer Service at Stack-On. They have the codes, but no one else does.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Good luck with your safe, and hopefully the rest of 2017 will be smoother for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To make sure I'm doing the right thing, when reset it, I just need to enter a new code for ex: 1234 and press the green bottom , correct?

That's correct. It should beep.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
far it was beeping red and locked for 5'

Okay, let's start at the beginning.

1. Remove the cap from the reset button and reset it. You should hear a beep.

2. With the door still open, enter your new security code and press the check key on the electronic touch pad. There will be 2 beeps and the green light should flash twice. This means the new code was entered successfully.

3. To verify that everything is working, BEFORE you close the door, enter the new security code and make sure that the locks are opening. If they aren't you need to start with #1 again.

Any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Evidently there is something wrong with the safe. You will need to call customer service at Stack-On for additional help.

I will opt out since I cannot help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thx
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst