Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have forgotten my password and I do not have a proper

Customer Question
I have forgotten my password...
I have forgotten my password ***** I do not have a proper flash drive to reset my password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is brand new. It is an acer lap top/tablet
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today. I don'know how to troubleshoot it.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech replied 10 months ago
Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new Acer laptop/tablet?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen on your new Acer laptop / tablet, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following steps:

1. At the password ***** login screen on your new Acer laptop / tablet, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom (it looks like a timer icon.)
  2. Click on the option On-Screen Keyboard.
  3. Click on the option Shift at the left of the On-Screen Keyboard on the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Note: The reset process will take awhile. Once it's finished, it will let you set up your computer again, and it will let you set up a new password ***** want.

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshooting option when trying any of the solutions above?

When I am creating a password, how do I know when the number lock is on. I don't see an indicator to let me know when the number lock is on

By default NUM lock and CAPS are not on. If it's on, then usually, there is a light shows up.

- Also, there may be an "eye" icon on the right of the password ***** which you can click on to see your password ***** you have done typing. And/or you can type in the name / user name first to check.

- Is it doing the reset process now?

it's at 36 percent

Great. It should be finished soon. Are you able to stay with me until the process is finished?

Great. Please keep this web page open in order to communicate with me.

When the reset process is finished, please let me know, so we can walk through the setup process. Thank you for your patience.

Will i have any apps when the computer finishes resetting

Yes, you will have exactly what came with the laptop.

Why is it taking so long. It's only at 39 percent

Sorry, the reset process takes awhile; that's what happens when password ***** ***** It's normal. You can take a break. Thank you,

If for some reason I want to change my password, how do I do that

Sorry, the reset process takes awhile; that's what happens when password ***** ***** It's normal. You can take a break.

You can always go to Start -> Settings -> Account, and change password ***** Thank you,

The reset process should be done by now. Is it letting you setting up your new Acer laptop again, or is your new Acer laptop working now? Or is there still any issue?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If there is still any issue, or if you have any further question, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,

Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech