Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Harmony elite remote control. it controls

Customer Question
everything except it won-t control...
I have a Harmony elite remote control. it controls everything except it won-t control the volume on the subwoofer,brand Samsung PS-WC 450 , why is that ?
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Never tried it before .I brought it in 2010. It only works with the volume when used with the sound bar,but not separately
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I misplaced the original remote and purchase the Hamony Elite Remote.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. doI have to reset the subwoofer ? It's bluetooth
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been here since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** - the site is sending you those prompts, not me. If you need phone support, I can opt out and another expert will help you.

Ok, let's see what we can do here.

The Harmony Elite only controls the devices that it is programmed to control. So...did you program the remote? If so, did you include the Samsung soundbar and sub in the setup?

Let me know.
Steve

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.