Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a new sony digital editor recorder and need some

Customer Question
instructions on how to transfer...
I have a new sony digital editor recorder and need some instructions on how to transfer my recorded songs from it to a cd disc
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its an ic recorder ICD-PX333
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is my first time recording songs on it and needed to transfer the songs to a disc. I have an old one that I downloaded the software for and it worked but doesn't work for this one
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If you have some written instructions, maybe you can email them to me. email address is:***@******.***
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, what is the Operating System of the computer where the Sony ICD-PX333 would be connected to please?

microsoft 8....Hp

Appreciate the additional information.

Does it have a CD or even a DVD burner?

Have you tried connecting the Sony ICD-PX333 to the computer? ...able to access/copy the contents of the Sony to the HP?

And yes on the Phone Call Service soon as the system has cleared the "Status:...failure"

I've already paid for your services and still don't have an answer

Billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support. Please contact them.

Thanks.

I connected the recorder to my computer and the only thing that comes up is voice, windows, and mac

Have you tried using "File Explorer" in Windows 8? This would allow viewing of all storage media hard disk drives, disc drives, removable devices, etc. that are connected to the HP computer. One of these would be memory card of the Sony ICD-PX333.

The contents can then copied to a folder in the HP.

Thereafter, these copied files may then be burned into an audio CD using a CD Burning Utility similar to shown HERE.

Alternatively, the Sony's bundled software "Sound Organizer" may be used to trasnfer/copy tyhe contents of the Sony ICD-PX333 to the computer.

Louie, Technician