John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I purchased a Panasonic Plasma TV Model #TC-P50S30 in August

Customer Question

I purchased a Panasonic Plasma TV Model #TC-P50S30 in August of2011.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 57
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Five and a half year. The tv went out on us two days ago. We have been told it may just need a new light.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you...
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
A few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

As you don't seem to be available I will step out for a bit

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I hit the imput button and turned it on. The red light blinks 14 times and then pauses. I have no picture, no light. It is a blank screen. I don't know if it is repairable or not. It seems to me that I have paid over $1200 total in August 2011 and in 51/2 years is a short time for t.v. to die. I paid $799 for the t.v. and additional $400.00 for delivery and set up. I purchased it at Best Buy in N. E. Mall, Hurst, Texas. I have always had great service out of phones, answering machines, hand held phone, and other Pansonic products. Needless to say, I was told by a man on the phone, a tech that on your wed site "there would be no charge". HOwever, I seem to have paid $5.00 , Please tell me just what the situation is. I don't know if the television is dead or if it can be fixed. Best Buy will come out for $99.00 plus $200 for labor. Please tell me just what I need to do. I would appreciate your help.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

I will now opt out and repost your question , was ready some 2 1/2 hours ago but i`m done for the day now

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

Expert:  Anthony replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony