GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have tried to use my kindle since way before Christmas it

Customer Question

I have tried to use my kindle since way before Christmas it keeps saying Critical Low Storage Internal storage space is full I talked with someone there by phon at around the first of December we tried a lot of things but nothings works I can't read any of my books
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Fire HD
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: At least four months I keep Buying books they show up but I get that same message
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing except I really don't know how to use the device
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, e-readers and printers. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It sounds as though you have reached full capacity on your Kindle, You could probably correct this issue by deleting the books that you have already read, as well as delete any unused apps, photos, documents, etc. Unfortunately, that is a painstaking process that can take quite a lot of time.

In my opinion it would be much easier to reset your Fire to factory settings and start with a clean slate. If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books.  The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

To reset to factory settings, please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

If you are unable to reset the Fire to factory by pressing and holding the power button, please let me know so that I can provide alternate instructions for a reset. After you have reset it to factory you will need to connect it to your wifi, (so you'll need to know your SSID (wifi name) and password. You'll also need to know your Amazon account information (usually an email address and password). After you have successfully set up your Fire again, you should be able to tap the Home button and tap on Library and ALL to find your books. Download those that you wish to read by finding them in the list and tapping on them to download them.

You can also get you books this way:

Please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

.