Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My Kindie is not recharging. There is a graphic that looks

Customer Question

My Kindie is not recharging. There is a graphic that looks like a plug
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know where to look for that info. It's probably 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just discovered there was no recharging going on. The Kindle is dead, and I have tried plugging it in to recharge but nothing changes
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried the restart sequence you suggested and still no restart. The screen shows an image of a battery with an exclamation point.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal battery that has faulted, this is what the symbol is referring to

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired, tell me which model Kindle you have and I can tell you where to get the battery from.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you