Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Panasonic VHS DVD/CD recorde. I want to transfer

Customer Question
VHS tapes to DVD. I...
I have a Panasonic VHS DVD/CD recorde. I want to transfer VHS tapes to DVD. I followed instructions in he manual and it said that I had to format it. It just kept displaying the word formatting for more Han 30 minutes. Wha do I need to do.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is old. Model DMR-EZ47V
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did not try much
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, would the Panasonic PLAY a known to be good DVD movie disc?

I don't understand your answer
Can you help me transfer my VHS home movie to a DVD on my VHS/DVD recorder?

The above is meant as a test for functionality.

Have you tried using a different brand / batch of blank discs?

I understand. I have not tried a different batch. This is the first time I have tried to do this.

Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please try a different brand, even from a different source/seller.

Please post back results / observations of the above once replaced.

Any suggested brands? And does it make a difference? I used Staples brand.
This will take a day as I am not going out in this weather.

I understand and yes please; when conveniently able.

Can you suggest a different brand other than Staples?

Most known brands would serve the purpose.

Perhaps you can try DVD -R. Also consider online seller/source such as Amazon HERE.

I did use a DVD- R

Then just another brand please.

OK. When I get another brand and reconnect do I ask for you ?

You can post back / update on this very thread. Please do a Ctrl + D to bookmark this page and/or click/tap on the link attached to the email sent by the site.

Thank you

Cheers.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.