How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve G. Your Own Question
Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 17987
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Steve G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father had a Sentry D880 safe and he passed away and we

Customer Question

My father had a Sentry D880 safe and he passed away and we never found the combination. Can I fill out the paperwork to get the combination? My mother was the survivor but she has also passed and I was the executor of her estate.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Sentry Model D880 safe and I'm not sure how old it is. I know it's at least probably 20 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We tried to get a locksmith to come to the house but he never showed up. A locksmith from out of town said he would open it but we would have to bring it to him. Since it took 4 people to get it out of my parents house there was no way we could take it to him. This has been going on for about 5 years.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No we would just like to get the safe opened.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been here since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** - the site is sending you those prompts, not me. If you need phone support, I can opt out and another expert will help you.

Ok, let's see what we can do here.

Yes, you will have to fill out some paperwork, get it notarized and send to Sentry. They will send you the master combination for your particular safe.

To start the process, please go HERE.

And please let me know if you need any further information.


Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. Did you give my suggestion a try?

Let me know.