Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I am having trouble getting my RS65U to run in 4k mode. Just

Customer Question

I am having trouble getting my RS65U to run in 4k mode. Just bought at 4k player, but player keeps operating in 1080 mode
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a RS65U
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just bought the player. Tried shorter cable and cable rated for 4096
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: go for it
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Does this happen with any other inputs?
Even with a 4k player, it needs to be a 4k UHD bluray disc to truly be outputting 4k.

Do you have any other content you can test like a roku4k, fire tv or a 4k dish network box?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a 4k DVD. This is my first 4k device
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have any other 4K devices
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You still there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Both ports should accept a 4k signal, but try switching to the other port.

If that does not work you need to look in the settings of the player, because the projector is only accepting the content being sent. this is not a setting on the projector itself.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Actually there is a bigger issue here, my apologies I had initially misread your model. This is one of the older (2012) model JVC projectors, and while it is advertised as having "4k shift" technology, it is not truly a 4k display.

It is only capable of hdmi1.4 and cannot accept a 4k signal.
It can only accept up to 1080p, and it does some internal processing and upscaling to simulate a higher quality picture, but it is not a true 4k display.

If that is what you wanted, I'd suggest returning this and I can recommend a different model for you that will have native full 4k support.

My apologies for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.