Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have model panasonic telephone kx-tgea20 .. trying to

Customer Question

I have model panasonic telephone kx-tgea20 .. trying to change time display.. i go to set date & time and change the time by one hour....and save....usually in the evening before I go to bed ... the device returns to the old time by the morning ... i have done this several times and the change will not stay permanent...whats the matter with these phones?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: about 4 to 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: within the last two weeks...our time changed by one hour
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

The problem here is that the phone company has an incorrect time setting on their end, which is being automatically broadcast as a time signal along with the caller id information, causing the phone to constantly be out of sync.

To correct this, you'll need to disable the auto time set (manual mode), set the time once more, and then the setting should stick.

Grab a handset and key in Menu # 2260 (Or Menu#226, up/down to MANUAL)

Save
Off

Then, Menu#101 to re-enter the date and time.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,