Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Error 20 on ER-5115II, Probably early 90's, It happened

Customer Question
Error 20 on ER-5115II JA: What's...
Error 20 on ER-5115II
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Probably early 90's
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It happened yesterday when I tried to z out. I came in today to try to fix for tomorrow. The owner told me to unplug 10 seconds then try. Doe sent clear the error
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

You need to perform an initial clear to return to REG mode (this will not lose any of your data).

Please, follow the instructions below to resolve your problem:

1. Turn key to P mode.
  2. Turn power off at wall.
  3. Hold down SUBTOTAL while you turn power on.
  4. Let go of SUBTOTAL when the printer runs.
  5. Turn key back to R mode (if display shows 'closed' you will need to log on).

After that is complete, please report back to me what the status of the problem is. I will be here standing by.

Thank you,

***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Before I continue, will this be just a one time charge of 19.00? I am just an employee and do not want monthly charges
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

It is only a one time charge. After we are done today, I will send this into the billing department and make sure that you are not signed up for anything extra.

Did you follow those instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I left the store now. I tried turning the key to P but it only goes to x
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already been billed $19.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Why does it not turn to P?

Thank you,

Jason

--- You are charged the full amount after I respond to your message. You are able to get a refund, if you wish. Please, let me know now if you don't plan on paying, which means that I am not paid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just do the refund and the owners can deal with it tomorrow. You can keep the already charge of $19.00. Thanks
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

If you want a refund, the total should be refunded because I haven't been able to fix the problem. I will send in the refund request for the full amount.

Good day.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Jason
Good day
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.